Finding a niche
We want to help people to "find their niche" - meaning a place, situation and set of circumstances which allows them to "flourish". We invite people to put their heads together - and figure out how to find or create those niches.
In doing so, we gently encourage people to focus - primarily - on what is
Supporting each other
We welcome freedom-loving and freedom-respecting people who also have a willingness and desire to help and support each other. We have a willingness to make ourselves available to each other, to look out for each other, to be each other's "first port of call" whenever we need something.
Traditionally people meet the majority of their needs via either commerce or the state. We want to try something different. Rather than seeking what they need in the usual places - the market, the state, the family - we invite people instead to approach us - and we do whatever we can to help them.
- If someone needs food, we invite them firstly to come to us.
- If someone loses their home and needs a place to stay, we invite them firstly to approach one of us (rather than the social welfare office or the government).
- If they need tools to repair or build something, they feel comfortable in approaching us for whatever they need.
- If someone loses their job and has no idea what to do, we invite them to sit down and talk to us.
- If they need help with anything, they pick up the phone and call one of us. (And if they don't have a phone then they can talk to us about that too :).)
Simultaneously, we can be building the network and infrastructure necessary to meet these needs.